Dentures are a replacement solution for missing or severely decayed/damaged teeth. Dentures can replace several or all of the teeth in your mouth. There are many different types of dentures, from the way they work to the quality of the materials they are made of, and all of that affects the cost.
How much do dentures cost in your area? Here’s what you can expect to pay for various types of dentures in Coral Springs, Florida.
Average Cost of Dentures
The average cost of a full set of dentures ranges from $600-$15,000. When it comes to the quality of dentures, they can be divided into three tiers:
- Basic dentures: $600-$1,500. The most basic dentures you can get made out of the lowest quality materials are affordable, but may not last as long.
- Mid-range dentures: $1,500-$3,000. Mid-range dentures are better quality and are typically recommended over basic.
- Premium dentures: $3,500-$15,000. Premium dentures will look the most natural, be the most comfortable, and last the longest.
Types of Dentures
The type of dentures you get will have an affect on the cost:
- Traditional full dentures: $2,000. A traditional full set of dentures replaces all of the teeth in a single arch and attaches to the gums via suction or adhesives.
- Traditional partial dentures: $1,500. Traditional partial dentures replace some of the teeth in one arch and attach to the remaining teeth for support.
- Implant-supported dentures. $6,000-$15,000. Implant supported dentures are attached to 4-6 dental implants placed in the jaw.
Are Implant Supported Dentures Worth the Cost?
The highest quality dentures are implant supported dentures. They are anchored in the jaw with dental implants, providing a secure hold that allows for more effective chewing, greater comfort, and a more natural appearance.
A dental implant is a titanium post that is surgically placed in the jaw bone. It has threads like a screw to help it fuse with the bone and form a solid bond. When 4-6 dental implants are placed in the jaw, they can support a full arch denture that is either fixed or removable.
Implant supported dentures have become the preferred choice for most patients and the recommended option by dentists.
Does Insurance Cover Dentures?
Dental insurance typically covers a portion of the cost of dentures. The dental implants used for implant supported dentures may not be covered by dental insurance. After insurance pays for a portion of your dentures, the remaining balance that you owe will be less.
What Else Can Affect the Cost of Dentures?
Beyond the type, quality, and insurance coverage, there are some additional factors that could contribute to the actual cost of your dentures:
- Location and cost of living. The overall cost of living in Coral Springs, Florida, will affect the cost of dentures in the area.
- The cost of tooth extraction. If you need to have one or more teeth extracted before being fitted with dentures, that procedure will add to the total cost.
- Preparatory procedures. If you need any preparatory procedures, such as bone grafting for dental implants, the additional procedures will add to the total cost of getting dentures.
Dental Wellness Team Makes Quality Dentures Affordable
If you’re looking for quality dentures at an affordable price, Dental Wellness Team can help. We can provide you with the best quality dentures that fit your budget. We also offer flexible payment options and financing to help make the cost of dentures more affordable.
To learn more, call (954) 796-3355 or contact us today to schedule an appointment.